Links to other touring cyclists, useful pages and miscellaneous:
- www.14degrees.org - Rob first rode his recumbent bike from Japan to Switzerland and then exchanged his two-wheeled friend for a 4-wheeler. After crossing the Atlantic by boat, he continued his voyage by skateboard to break the long-distance world record for skateboarding. A great story.
- www.strassenkreuzer.org - a tour with a similar route and a similar schedule.
- www.radnomaden.de - Markus and Sarah have collected their memories in a great book (in German).
- www.radflimmern.de - Souli rode his bike from Germany to Capetown and I joined him for the first 30km (a girl asks him outside the university cafeteria where he’s heading, Souli goes: Capetown; the look on the girl’s face was priceless).
- www.bike-together.de - Benni is using his recumbent tandem to head to South Africa and has people join him along the route.
sleeping over and more
- www.couchsurfing.org - great site, people let you spend a night on their couch, but more importantly they offer their hospitality.
- www.hospitalityclub.org - nomen est omen (no, I did not take Latin in school)
- www.warmshowers.org - likewise a good place to spend a night
- www.adayontheplanet.com - a website bringing people of different languages together, who share their experiences on 09/09/09; the website collects people’s stories in eight languages from around the world
- http://maps.poehali.org/en/ - Soviet-era topographical maps, excellent for off the beaten track trips in the -stans